Small intimate weddings and elopements are at the present, the new normal. I feel that some of the changes to the wedding industry will continue well into the future.
Brides and grooms are now experiencing a creative freedom to have a wedding exactly the way they want it without the pressures from finances and family.
Here are some creative ideas for small weddings (guest list under 25) and elopements:
- Pamper those loved ones with chef inspired food, the best alcohol, wonderful entertainment and parting gifts.
- Have a yoga session or a hike on the morning of your wedding for all your guests, feed them a picnic while you get ready, have a beautiful outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour surrounded by nature and food trucks or farm to table catering for your reception.
- Offer professional photos for your guests with hair and makeup services before the ceremony and offer a cocktail hour upon arrival.
- Upon arrival have lawn games, cocktails and gifts for guests.
- Have an intimate elopement on a wooded trail, the river or a mountain top at sunset.
- Have a romantic elopement at a beautiful manor house or historic property and afterward a gorgeous picnic.
- Have an elopement ceremony in the middle of a beautiful downtown area like Harpers Ferry WV, Leesburg Va or Frederick Md.
- Plan an entire day for just the two of you with all the things you love and at sunset say “I do” overlooking a beautiful vista.
- Have a themed micro wedding with guest participation and interaction.
There are so many options for a fun filled and gorgeous small wedding with incredible lasting memories.
If it feels overwhelming, start with what the two of you like to do and then plan around that. I also highly recommend hiring a wedding planner to help you navigate the details. Remember, this day is about the two of you, this is the day you marry your best friend, make it memorable and creative!
Are you ready to roll on down the aisle today (or at least, get the planning process rolling)?
Schedule your free consultation.